Monday, March 26, 2012

Oh My! Wonderful, Yummy Dairy, Egg, Soy, Nut Free Bread!!!! Seriously!!

*First of all, this is not gluten free.. In this past week I have learned much more about gluten (which I am not avoiding, and happy because that can get expensive.. to anyone who is avoiding good luck to you! my head was spinning over gluten! I have friends who can not have gluten and I totally see how you may get frustrated)

After making bread the other day I started searching for a different recipe that I could make that was not gluten free but that was Egg, Dairy, Soy, and Nut Free. I wasn't having much luck on a "good" looking recipe. Until I came across The Food Allergy Chronicles recipe of French Toast! It looks so good! (and now I can try it in the morning!!) She had provided the link to the bread she used in her french toast. So I clicked and read and checked out all the pictures and was so amazed by the bread maker.. Seriously, I like kitchen gadgets, so why I have I never cared about a bread maker?? Maybe because I had no idea and just not seen one used.. A friend of mine has recently purchased one and I was impressed by her pizza that she made with it.. but pizza crust did not have me convinced enough to buy a bread maker, after all I would have to make a LOT of pizza for it to be worth it.. But now that I had seen the bread at My 1/2 Daily Dozen's page and really realized just how much money I could save by not buying "special" bread for myself and bread for the rest of the family.. And it would be fresh with out preservatives!!! I was Sold!!

My Dear Sweet Husband made a trip to Wal-Mart for me and picked up an Oster Bread Machine ($70.00) I had reviewed them all on Amazon and it didn't really seem to matter which one I got.. I have not used or seen any other machine before, so I have nothing to compare it to, but so far it does a great job and we are very pleased! Dustin (my husband) had made some sour dough in it and it turned out great.. Then I did this bread in it.. Of course I did not bake the bread in it, I just did the dough.. However the dough was perfect!
Now at 1:30 AM I am still up because I just started some sweet bread with Orange Zest, Raisins, and Dried Cranberries! I will take a picture in the morning and post that recipe for you!

Back to this Bread.. I followed her Recipe exactly. For the Oil, I used Olive Oil, and instead of 4 cups of white flour, I did 2 cups of White and 2 cups of Whole Wheat! I think I want to get some different grains/seeds and add to it next time! Dustin said it reminded him of a bread we get at a steak house.. He was impressed! I must have woke Ansley up because she came in the kitchen and had some with coconut butter.. She said it very good as well! She is my food critic after all! She is very impressed that I knew how to make it! So In All, THANK YOU x100 to The Food Allergy Chronicles and to My 1/2 Daily Dozen Y'all Are Amazing!

(Ps. I did not post pictures.. I could because I took them to send to family (so I could show what I did!!) however My 1/2 Daily Dozen has Beautiful Pictures on hers that You will see when you go to her page!!

No comments:

Post a Comment