Monday, March 26, 2012

If you're wondering what I have been Eating!

So it has been one full week, and lets just say this Monday was so much better than last Monday! Last Monday was day one and I seriously wanted to cry, my husband suggested that we just buy formula for our baby so I could eat whatever.. But I seriously want to try to breast feed our baby as long as possible, so Thankfully God helped me thru this week, opening up my eyes to all he has created for us! That being said, I have ate Tons of Fruits and Veggies! I have always loved those things anyway, but I appreciate them so much more now! I have ate quiet a few salads. I bought Mixed Greens, an Extra bag of fresh spinach, cherry tomatoes, celery (that I chopped up), mini bell peppers (I eat them whole or chop them for my salads), carrots, I made some whole grain rice and put it in a baggy in the refrigerator, I put on my salad as well, and I made home made chili (pressure cooked the dry beans so I didn't have to worry about canned beans) I put some rice in a bowl and poured chili on top.. I ate that with some tortilla chips.. Hormel makes lunch meat that is all natural, no preservatives. I bought it, it does not have Carmel color in it and the ingredients are great.. Plus the price is not and.. I got it from walmart. I have ate sun flower seeds, sun butter on bread with raisins on top. Oat meal, Cereal with Rice Milk. The Rice Milk is Really good, I didn't think I would like it but I really do! I found some Italian dressing at Earth Fare that I could use.. I made Taco Salad one night. I just left out the traditional taco seasoning (If I had chili left over I would have used it) I browned the meat and used Pampered Chefs South Western Seasoning and Chipotle Seasoning with some garlic. I Have had avocados and we have grilled chicken, with that I fixed some beans and had a salad (I did make mac and cheese for the kids!) I will probably end up making my own pasta sauces, as most all pastas are fine I have been finding that pizza and pasta sauce tend to have soy in them.. I love making Smoothies (that I posted about last week), Steel Cut Oatmeal with cinnamon and brown sugar,  Apples are one of the main fruits that I crave. And I have had lots of Ice Water.. (Some Juice and Some Tea) but lots of water!

On Saturday we left the house right before lunch, about 10 minutes into the drive I looked at Dustin and said "Oh No, I should have ate lunch before we left!" FYI: I am so moody when I don't eat.. so I started trying to think of a what I could eat because it would be several hours before we were back home. I had downloaded a allergy app. on my phone that I have noticed is not always correct so I was getting frustrated with it.. Then Dustin and I both thought of Jason's Deli.. They have such good food! I looked up their website on my phone real quick. Thankfully they have a quick link for Allergy reference. I knew I could eat at the salad bar so we just went for that.
I added a side of smoked turkey breast to my salad so it made it cost around $8.00 but I really wanted that protein and they give you quiet a bit, plus I could go back to the salad bar if I wanted.. I had never ordered the salad bar before so I had not paid much attention.. Thankfully I was able to see on their website that they had a bottle of Red Wine Vinegar Dressing I could have and saw everything else on the bar.
I had mixed greens with extra spinach, mushrooms, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, red and yellow bell peppers, sun flower seeds, cherry tomatoes, and the dressing.. Then I also found they have some Flat Bread that packages like a pack of crackers that is pretty good! It is hard but it has lots of seeds on it and I really liked it as well.. Everything on their salad bar was so fresh and everything was in it's place! I assure you All I got my moneys worth! It was so good!!

I am sure as time goes by I will find much more food to eat.. are get more creative.. but as of right now I amcompletely happy and I have not missed the otehr foods that much.. I have my moments of wanting something, but when that happens I grab and apple or orange and eat it instead! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment